It’s quick and healthy, perfect for providing the nutrition you need to take your exam in your best condition without taking up too much of your study time to prepare! The red quinoa and fresh veggies complement the light dressing that goes with it, and it’ll leave you satisfied and ready to get on that “all nighter I refused to start studying two weeks earlier whoops” study grind. Or maybe that’s just me.
But not all is horrid and stressful in the kingdom of Christine. Because after one month of waiting with a side of anxiety-induced nail biting, I finally got notification that I have been accepted onto my school’s yearbook staff! I’m so grateful for the opportunity that’s been given to me, and I’m psyched to be able to take part in creating the book next year! But until then, I’ll just be eating Southwest Quinoa Salad, drowning in study material, and craving summer.
SOUTHWEST QUINOA SALAD
1 cup red quinoa cooked according to package
1 14 ounce can of black beans, drained
1 14 ounce can of yellow corn, drained
4 green onions, diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 large red bell pepper, diced
1/4 large green bell pepper, diced
Juice from 2 limes
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cook quinoa according to package.
2. After cooking, allow to cool completely (about 15 minutes) and then transfer to large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix together lime juice, olive oil, cumin, black pepper, and salt.
4. Add black beans, corn, onion, bell peppers, and cilantro to the quinoa.
5. Add dressing and toss to coat evenly.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.